Friday, July 3, 2015

Sooo many things happened this week, I don't even know where to begin!! 7 days is just too many to have to keep in order, and so much changes in a week it is hard to wrap my head around it! But because I love you all, I will try :)

Mostly this week consisted of la familia Chavez :) We were able to see them every single day and have so many incredible lessons! They are some of the most prepared people I have ever met. On Tuesday, we were able to teach them about the Plan of Salvation, and they LOVED it. Gael, their 8 year old son was able to say the closing prayer, and it was so cute!! He was nervous about it, so I offered to help him. As he was repeating me, I was thinking of what to say, and so I said "yyyyy" and in his little voice, he also said "yyyyy" haha his mom couldn't help but laugh, and at the end told him that he needed to work on his prayers. :) On Thursday, we were able to put them on date!! They are now preparing to be baptized on June 27th!!!!! He has to give up drinking his coffee, but we have the faith that they can do it, and they are all so excited! On Friday they came to our branch voleibol activity and everyone loved them, and then on Saturday they came to see a baptism for Farjam, an Armenian guy the elders were teaching. (Fun Miracle Fact: Hermana Hales, Oliphant, and I found him in April and gave him as a referral! So cool!!) Yesterday they came to church, and basically I just love this family so much!! They are so lively and happy, and their light literally gets brighter every time we see them. It is so incredible to see how the Lord prepares His children! 

We were also able to go on a few exchanges this week, and I got to spend 24 hours with the wonderful Hermana Oliphant in Sammamish, which was voted Americas #1 nicest city?? But I can totally believe it, because everyone, even those who rejected us, were SOO NICE! haha it is this weird paradox, because it just goes against every other missionary experience I have ever had. But it was cool, and a lot of fun, and basically I just love my dear former companion :) it is really cool to be able to see their growth. It was also really great to be able to return back to our crazy, funny trio and get milkshakes together. :) 

Well, I am sorry that I don't have time to write more. We have zone sports day today, so that means less time for everything else. It is going to be tons of fun though. I hope you all are enjoying summer fun! Up here the weather is BEAUTIFUL!! Today is probably going to be the hottest day we have had and it is only 88... haha sorry Vegas! But I love you all so much! Have a great week, and never forget that your Heavenly Father knows and loves you personally. He is leading and guiding you every step off the way (if you let Him), and He wants you to be HAPPY! You are all so wonderful!!

-La Hermana Brooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment