Friday, July 3, 2015

Hello dear loved ones!! I hope you are all doing wonderfully and enjoying the wonderful transition into SUMMER!!!! I know that I am :) 

We had a really great week of a lot of inspiration and call for some change. Not gonna lie, I was having a pretty rough time the past couple of weeks. I wasn't necessarily unhappy, or sad. But I was more stressed than ever before in my life. and I definitely felt like I wasn't getting the support or help that I needed, which was making it worse. and then on Saturday, I totally got chastised by a member about all of the things I was doing wrong, especially how I never looked happy (that sounds bad, I know... it was not the most pleasant experience BUT it taught me a lot) and as I tried to be humble enough, I started to see Gods hand in all of it. No, He didn't want this person to be rude or outspoken, or even to hurt my feelings. But He did want me to understand that if I wasn't having fun and absolutely LOVING every single moment, then something was wrong. and if others couldn't also see that I was loving every single moment, then that was also an indicator that something was wrong. and so after about a day of being really butt-hurt, I decided that instead of telling that guy what was up, I was going to show him, and in turn become a happier, better me :)

so now, i am starting something new for myself called the Sun-beam project (aka the Happiness Project). Everything I do is going to focus on some key things:
1. Jesus Christ. He is the center of EVERYTHING, and He is the SOURCE OF ALL HAPPINESS. So I figure that He is a pretty good focus to have. If it doesn't remind me of, teach me of, or help me become more like Christ, it is not for me. 
2. I am going to REPENT every day . Not just saying I am sorry, but really changing and evolving and becoming something better. My inspiration was Job 5:17
3. I will be EXACTLY OBEDIENT, to the commandments, rules, etc. Proverbs 29:18 and Mosiah 2:41
4. I will have a BLESSING ATTITUDE. Gratitude for literally everything. 
5. I will write in my journal daily and take at least one picture daily of at least one thing that has brought me and others happiness. D&C 78:19
6. I want to TAKE CARE OF MYSELF. Actually getting ready in the morning and losing the weight that I feel holds me back. I will become the best version of myself every day, and hopefully that best version will get better everyday. not just in the way I look, but in the way I feel. See Articles of Faith #13.
7. I will SMILE ALWAYS!! A smile has the power to change the world. And it is one of the purest forms of a testimony. After all, you are never fully dressed without a smile:) 3 Nephi 12:14-16
8. Be Organized, Neat, and Clean. Decluttering your life has a HUGE impact on everything you do. More Junk=More stress. If it is not contributing to your inner peace and happiness, just get rid of it! D&C 132:8

Wow, so that is a lot. But really it is all so simple! And I am already doing most of these things, just not 100% of the time or with 100% of my heart. But I know without a doubt that all of these things are possible, and they are all connected. Happiness is not just something for the future, or for the perfect summer days. It is for right here, right now. Wherever you are. That is the promise that we receive through the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the great plan of HAPPINESS. So by golly, let us all be a little happier and a little more dedicated to having this be an integral part of who we are! I already feel so much better :) 

Also, highlights from this week! Eliseo passed the sacrament!!!!! Oh my goodness, it was the coolest thing to see him start to become an active member and to live the gospel. He was so very nervous when they asked him to help, but as they started he was just beaming! I was basically crying, it was so cool :) We didn't have anyone come to church, which was rough, but seeing that made everything worth it!

Ahhh there are so many stories I wish I had time to tell you about! But today is zone sports day, and so we have less time to get everything done. Sorry!! But just know that I love you all so much and I wish you all of the HAPPINESS in the world. You are all incredible, and special, and can and will change the world. I want you all to know that I am so happy to be on a mission, sharing the happiest message out there. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and I pray that all of you may be able to feel of His love and Light in your personal lives every day. LES QUIERO MUCHO!!
-la hermana Brooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment