Friday, July 3, 2015

AHHH!!! Sorry, I am so low on time! And there are so many cool things I wanted to tell you all about this week! okay, I will try my best to type really really fast... so please excuse me if I spell like everything wrong :) 

okay, so FIRST!! We had so many lessons planned for this week. Like really, so many set appointments. It was ridiculous! We were going to get so much done, and it was all going to go according to plan.. and then one by one they ALL started canceling. Like really, I think we only had 2 out of like 14 appointments go through between Monday and Friday... But because the Lord loves us so much and knows that sometimes we just need a little bit of help, we ended up having probably one of the most successful weeks of the transfer! 

One of our miracles was with this woman named Chavel. Now, we have been trying to see this woman for 5 weeks now, and every single appointment we set gets cancelled for some reason or another (she was one of the 12 cancelled appointments from earlier in the week). But we had just had someone else cancel on us, and we were right next to her, so we decided to just go and knock on her door. So we go, and no one answers. But then right as we were about to walk away, she comes walking up the stairs to her apartment! She let us right in and we were able to have a really great lesson on the Restoration of the Gospel! She has actually been super interested in our church for quite some time! She was sick this week, so she wasn't able to come to church, but we are super excited to work with her! And the coolest miracle, was that after talking for a little bit, she told us how on her way home from work, she was about to go and run some more errands, but she had felt a very distinct feeling that she needed to go home. And as soon as she got there, she found us! It was an awesome moment to see the Lords hand in working in our lives. 

Ah! There are so many other great things I want to be able to tell you, but time is up!! I promise to be better next week! I  love you all and I want you to know that being a missionary is the greatest thing. I love it every single day, and I am so grateful for the chance I have to serve my Heavenly Father. 
Have a great week full of miracles!
Les Quiero!!
-la hermana brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment