Monday, January 11, 2016

So we got caught up in a huge service project this morning, and time is short today. BUT! We had a really great week that I want to tell you all about super quick!

First of all, our family from Honduras is AMAZING! Really, they are a complete miracle. They came to voleibol this week and LOVED it, and were able to come to church!! We went over and watched the movie Prophet of the Restoration, and their mom came to watch it with us. About 5 minutes in, she goes, "I've seen this before! I used to meet with the missionaries in Honduras." WHAT?! We were running late for another appointment that was 30 minutes away, so we didn't have tons of time to talk with her after the movie finished, but we are so excited to keep teaching this family! Also, since Gabriela and Mariela are twins, it pretty much feels like we are teaching the girls from Sister-Sister like 100% of the time. They are hilarious. I love them so much!!

We also had a really special zone conference. Elder Johnson from the Seventy came to visit our mission, and boy did he call us to repentance. But then he taught us about how repentance means change. It isn't always scary, or hard, or heart-breaking. It is us reaching our full potential as children of God. Something that really hit me was what a fellow sister missionary said. She commented that we all know that our end goal is to make it home in the kingdom of God, to be worthy and ready to live there. But we don't just want to feel like a guest, or a visitor. We want to feel at home, like a child coming home to stay. It is only through living the gospel of Jesus Christ that we can do that, and that is why we share our message, so that everyone can do that. It was a really wonderful experience, and I learned so much. 

We had so many amazing miracles, and I just don't have enough time to tell you about them all. But I want you all to know that I have seen God's hand in my life this week, and I am eternally grateful for it. I am so grateful for my calling as a missionary, and I am so grateful for my captain Jesus Christ. I love celebrating His birth, and helping others learn about Him. I love you all so much, and I hope you have a great week. I pray that you may all feel the Christmas Spirit. I know that it is not from the gifts, or lights (although they are beautiful). It is about love, service, and family. It is about about a Father who loves His children, and wants them to come back home. 

Hasta luego!!
-Hermana Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment