Monday, January 11, 2016

Hello everyone!! so really I dont have a lot of time, as always. But I figured I should fill all of you in really quick with whats been going on in the Washington Seattle Mission!! 

So Christmas was amazing, we had SOO many miracles that week it was insane! We found a new family that are all excited and ready for baptism! woo hoo!!!!! they recently moved here from Colombia, and already know a little bit about the church because their daughter-in-law is a less active member who wants to start coming back to church. We met the kids on Monday, they all came to the Christmas party on Friday, and then to church on Sunday!! miracles!! they are so amazing, and I know that they will be able to enter the waters of baptism soon. Their goal is to be ready on January 23rd :) 

We also had a zone fireside on Christmas Eve, and we were blessed with some very sweet experiences to serve those around us. It was a great blessing from God, because sometimes as a missionary, Christmas just feels the same because you just do the same things you do every day. But this Christmas will be one that I will remember for the rest of my life. And I wish I could tell you all about it, but that will have to do for now.... 
because I have to tell you about transfers!!!

So Hermana Flores and I both got the call that we were getting transferred. :( They closed our area, and all of our amazing miracle families and investigators will now be taught by the elders that stayed in the branch... :( it was a sad day saying goodbye to all of them, but I know that the Lord is in charge and He will take care of them. 

I got transferred to Discovery Park with Sister Clayson, and we have a special assignment of being over all of the sister training leaders in the mission and working closely with the mission president, the assistants, and all of the leaders. It is really really crazy, and we have been super busy. But we are seeing so many miracles. It was really overwhelming, and I have never felt so inadequate. But I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and I have been shown over and over again how He called me to this specific area and with my specific assignment as a direct answer to my prayers. I have learned and grown more in the past week than in the last few months, and I feel Gods hand in my life. I think we often have moments like this, where something takes us so entirely by surprise and without warning that it seems to bury us and we dont know what to do. We look around us and think of at least a dozen other people who could handle it or do better than we could, and it becomes discouraging. But, I want you all to remember that you can do it. As hard as it is to believe, we can do anything. We can change, we can repent, we can lift someone else when we feel like we have nothing to offer. Because we are children of God. It is a new year, and we are all priveledged with the opportunity to start over, do better, and become who we want to become. None of us should take that for granted. 
I know that the Savior's Atonement is real. I know that He loves us. 

I am sorry that this letter is so scattered, and it makes some sense! I love you all so much and I hope you have a week full of growth and motivation to move forward in this new year!!!!
-Hermana Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment