Sunday, September 13, 2015

So, I don't have tons of time today. But I wanted to fill you in super quick! So last week in Duvall was literally incredible. We committed a man named John to be baptized on September 12, and he is probably one of the most prepared people I have ever met in my entire life. I have never met someone so close to the Spirit. He read all of 1st and 2nd Nephi in the Book of Mormon in two days, and when we talked about it he said that it had literally been exactly what he had been searching for his entire life. He has finally found where God wants him to be. He does want his baptism to be at exactly sunset. So he is also a little eccentric. Agh! I just love him so much!!!
We also found sooo many new people to teach, did sooo much yard work (my shoulders are still sore from cutting so many branches) and really just had the most fun of the entire transfer! It was such a miracle to feel like we really were fulfilling our purpose and doing what the Lord expected us to do in our area... and then last night happened. 

We got a call that both Sister Lawson and I were being transferred. Two brand new missionaries, who have no idea who any of these people are will be coming and taking over everything that we started. And I am not complaining, because I know that it is the will of the Lord, that He has a plan, and that we did everything we were supposed to do while we were there. But it is still hard to just up and leave. To have the people that we love and served feel abandoned. We were blessed to be able to go and see John early this morning before he left to work to tell him goodbye. We all cried, and he told us that he would stay strong and listen to the next missionaries. He knows what God wants him to do and there is nothing that would make him back down from that. He asked if he could hug us, and we had to tell him no :( but we committed him to coming to the missionary firesides that we have every month so that we could see him after his baptism :) 

But the update for me is also incredible and such a blessing! I am now in Bothell, serving in the Spanish WARD (not branch!) and am serving as Sister Training leader, with newly called STL Hermana Wrubell!! I was able to work around her a little bit a few transfers ago, and I am so excited to do it now! She is really just a fireball, and loves to work, work, work. She even served in the ward before, but a different section of it, so it will be super awesome to have her teach me the ropes! While I am really sad about leaving Duvall, I am sooo happy to be back speaking Spanish and serving in a brand new area! Sisters have never been here before and it is going to be just amazing with all of the miracles we are going to find! 

I dont have much more time, but I just want you all to know that I love you all so much. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Gods true church on the earth today. And I also know that He knows each of us personally and individually. And He loves us perfectly. I know that we can all know that more fully as we read from the Book of Mormon. I invite you all to read from it every day this week. It doesn't have to be a lot. But it will make all of the difference, no matter what. 

Les Quiero!!
-la hermana brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment