Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hello once again:) I hope everyone had a great week! One thing I can tell you is that it is definitely fall here. I have worn a coat/jacket every single day and it is awful. Haha well, actually it isn't awful, because nothing on a mission is awful. I love it all. But I am really going to miss the WONDERFUL summer here in Washington. As long as I still have some time before it starts getting dark at 4 o'clock again I will be okay :)


So we had a really great week in Bothell again. We are continuing to meet and find new people everyday, and many of them are prepared to start making the changes in their lives that they need in order to obtain the happiness they so desperately want. That is where it all has to start really, regardless of who you are. We have to recognize exactly what/who we want to become and then set goals and make plans to become that person. And that is what the gospel does, it gives us the tools we need, and the divine help and support that we need to overcome anything and everything to help us become that. It is such an incredible thing :) 

And please pray for  Ashley!! She is sooo incredible! And on Wednesday, she committed to prepare to be baptized on September 26th! But her family is really struggling right now, and it has
​been hard for her to come to church and read. When we taught her last, she really opened up how much she wants to come closer to her Heavenly Father, especially to help those she loves. But the enemy is working really hard on her, and so she could use all of the prayers she can get. Por favor y Gracias!!!

I dont have tons more time, but I just want to bear my testimony to all of you that I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. I know that even though I am imperfect, God still loves me and listens to me. He has forgiven me for so many of my shortcomings, and He will continue to strengthen me, bless me, and help me to become better and stronger every day. He is perfectly patient and perfectly loving. He allowed for His Son, Jesus Christ, to come down to earth and be hated, persecuted, experience all of our sorrows and sufferings, and eventually be crucified, so that we can all obtain forgiveness and peace. He will never abandon us. He will always be our number one supporter in our righteous efforts, and our number one source of comfort and peace in our trials and shortcomings. I have had the opportunity to really learn that this is true, and I really love it with all of my heart. That is why I am a missionary. Because although I am STILL imperfect and STILL make mistakes, I can help people come closer unto Jesus Christ. It is such an incredible gift. 

I love you all so much! ALSO!! Happy birthday to my wonderful mother!!! And Happy Anniversary to my amazing parents!!! I am so lucky to have both of you in my life. I would not be here if it wasn't for you two :) 

Have an amazing week everyone!! Don't forget to pray! 
-con amor, 
La Hermana Brooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment