Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Wow, this week was incredible!! We had a lot of really cool experiences that have strengthened me sooo much, and I am so grateful for all of them. Me and my companion had the wonderful opportunity to go the temple with our mission president and his wife this week, and it was truly a spiritual experience. While being on a mission, even though I cannot go very often (once every 6 months, with this time being an exception) my testimony of the temple has grown so very much. We have the amazing opportunity to be sealed together as a family for time and ALL ETERNITY! How incredible is that?? I am so grateful for the chance to be with my family for eternity, and especially during this Thanksgiving week, that knowledge gives me so much comfort as I am away from them.

We also had the awesome opportunity to have a general authority, Elder Falabella of the Seventy, come to our mission yesterday and give us a special zone conference. He talked a lot about service, which I thought was really neat. Something that us missionaries get in the bad habit of it serving people in order to gain something in return (referrals for people to teach usually). But what he taught us is that true service needs to be out of LOVE for that person. We should not do anything out of a desire to receive something in return, and in order to be true representatives of Jesus Christ, we need to have pure love be the motive for everything we do. 

And miracle!! Our investigator Cecilia was really struggling a week ago to have faith and read the Book of Mormon. She was about to drop us, when we invited her to fast with us that coming Sunday to know if she should continue to learn about our message. Well, she fasted with us, and the next day we went to go see her and see how it went. She was so happy to see us, and to tell us that she read all of 1 Nephi! She told us that as she was reading and praying, she felt that the Book of Mormon was answering her questions, and helping her understand what was once so confusing to her in the Bible!! She is still too afraid to come to church, but she is gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon, and the difference it has made in her countenance is just incredible! It made me so grateful for the Book of Mormon in my life, and the guidance it gives me. I know that it is true, and no matter what you may be struggling with, you can find guidance and comfort in the Book of Mormon. 

Well, I am so grateful for all of you and the amazing examples that you are to me.  I am also so grateful for this wonderful time of year (that I can't believe is already here) that we have to focus on our families and our Savior Jesus Christ. If you haven't told your family lately that you love them, I would strongly encourage you to do so, because they are the most important people in our lives. There is a great power in the 3 words "I love you," so don't ever hesitate to use them. and I love you! I hope that you all have an amazing Thanksgiving week full of family, friends, and love. 

Con amor,
La Hermana Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment