Saturday, December 27, 2014

Hello dear friends and family!! I hope that everyone has had the most amazing Christmas day and Season ever. I know that I have :) We are all so very blessed.

Well, the past two weeks have been a crazy, insane BLURRRRR. Basically the summary of missionary work. But they have also been amazing!! So my dear amazing companion, Hermana Pier left home to Utah after completing her 18 month mission. I seriously love and miss her so much, but I know that she has started a new chapter in her life, and I am so grateful for the time that I was able to serve with her. See you at BYU in 2016 Hermana!! :)

THEN, I got a phone call that night saying that I was being called to be a TRAINER for a BRAND NEW MISSIONARY for the next transfer!! WHAT?!?! Really, I just BARELY had finished being in training myself the day before! Oh my goodness, I don't think I have ever been so scared in my life. I felt (and still feel) so incredibly inadequate and unprepared to train a new missionary. But, at the same time, I am confident that all things are possible with the Lord, and as I put my trust in Him, everything will be okay. Even if there are a few bumps in the road. which, trust me, there are A LOT of bumps. :) 

So I have now officially been a trainer for a week now, and I am so grateful for this assignment! My sweet trainee is Hermana Dilworth from Spanish Fork, Utah and she is so amazing!! She has such enthusiasm and excitement for the work. Really, she is perfect for our investigators right now, and she has already brought so many miracles with her! Still, it has been the hardest thing I have ever done, and there are some days where it is so stressful and I feel like a failure. But I know that everything will be okay, and that I am not expected to be perfect. Heavenly Father is really loving and patient with us, and for that I am eternally grateful :) 

The work is going really well, although there are some really slow days. However, the Lord has blessed us with incredible people, and we are constantly finding new people to teach, which is such a blessing!! And really, being a missionary during Christmas time is the most incredible blessing. Especially right now, where there is so much stress and pressure from the outside, it has been such a blessing to be a recipient of so much love and support, as well as to give of my heart to every single person we see each day. 

Now that Christmas is coming to a close, please do not forget Christ, nor the Spirit of Christmas. Continue to give of yourself, your time, and your talents. Never cease to spread kindness and love. Dont stop singing either :) I promise that as you continue to do these things, you will be able to keep the Christmas Spirit with you all year long. Christ was born for us, He suffered and died for us, and He rose for us. I know that He lives today, and that He loves us. He love you. He loves me. I know that it is only through Him that we receive true and lasting happiness, and I know that His arms of love are always extended toward us. 

I love you all so much and I hope that you have had the most amazing Christmas season!!!! 
con amor,
La Hermana Brooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment