Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hello dear family and friends! I hope you are all staying warm! Basically this week was FREEZING, as noted by our frozen water bottles that were left in the car over night and the frozen fountains in from of people's homes. Las Vegas, I miss you :)
haha But actually this week was great. A little harder, a little less friendly people on the street. But still great. and we are definitely learning A LOT. :) Its awesome. 

So I don't really have a lot of time this week, but I want you all to know that we are working hard up here in the Washington Seattle Mission! This week we received some really hard news that my companion's step-father had passed away from his cancer. It was not a very fun weekend, to say the least. She is okay and really just so strong. But it has really given me a lot of time to be grateful for my own family and loved ones, and all of the blessings we receive every day. We really are so blessed, and I think a lot of times it is hard to remember to be thankful. But especially this Thanksgiving season, take a few minutes to count your blessings. I know that you will receive more strength in the hard times, and more joy in the happy times when we always have a grateful heart. 

This life is not easy, nor is it always fair. But I know that there is a purpose to all things, and that if we put our trust in the Lord, we can receive comfort in all things. With all of my heart, I ask you to pray and to be grateful for those things, talents, loved ones, in your life at this time. Never stop being grateful, and never shy away from an opportunity to love and serve someone. 

You are all amazing, and I hope that you have an amazing week. Never forget that you are children of God, and that He loves you. Never forget that I love you. and Let us more fully receive all things with thanks this coming holiday season.

Con amor,
La Hermana Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment