Wednesday, September 3, 2014

So I am officially half way through my time here at the CCM!! Time has gone by sooo unbelievably fast, and I have loved every second! I have come to love the place and people here so much, its going to be soo very hard to leave in 3 weeks. So I am very grateful for the time that I still have here ;)

So the theme of this week was humility. Especially for myself. Its so easy to get  out here and when you have success, to think it will always be that way. And maybe it will be for somethings. But definitely not everything. I had gotten into the habit of thinking that because I was learning Spanish so well and such that I was ahead of some people around me and let it get to my head, and to be honest slacked off. Not intentionally, but out of feeling comfortable. The lesson that I learned was that if you are not constantly working to progress, you are digressing. Not a very fun lesson to have to learn, but definitely necessary. Never let yourself plateau. Always strive to be better, work harder, and serve more. Now, instead of judging how those around me are progressing, I focus on what I can do to be better and help those around me as much as possible as well. Its been such a blessing, and although it can be hard to be humble, it will make you so much happier and help you do so much more. 

Another theme of this week was the Atonement!! Seriously everyone, if you have not studied this gospel topic in a while, DO IT! And if you are a little confused by what I am talking about, I am talking about the sacrifice that Christ made so that we could all be happy again and return to live with our Heavenly Father. There is nothing that gives more hope, at least in my opinion, than this right here. It is because of the Atonement that I can wake up with a smile on my face everyday and thank God for all of the amazing things in my life. It is the reason that I chose to be a missionary. It is the thing that makes this church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, worth it. And it is what makes the message that I carry as a representative of this church one of happiness. If you are having a hard time, or need a pick me up, or something to motivate you to do good I would study this topic. Because that is what I did this week, and it has made all the difference in how I view those around me, those I teach, and those I will have the opportunity to teach in Seattle Washington. If you need a place to start, find a Book of Mormon and read it. That book is full of examples of the Atonement and how it can bless you life. Trust me, you don't want to miss out on the greatest gift given to mankind :) 

So now that  I have shared my spiritual thought, here's to some other stuff ;) 

I LOVE LATINOS!! I seriously can't express the joy that they give me in my life. My companion and I had the wonderful opportunity to become great friends with some Latino hermanas who are going to be serving in Mexico, and it was the greatest blessing! They were so unbelievably sweet and kind and boy did they talk fast!! ;) But really, it is such a blessing to have been called to learn the Spanish language. Without it, I would not have met these amazing sisters.  The sad part is that they left the CCM this week to go and share the gospel with the wonderful people of Mexico. But now we are friends forever in the gospel ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment