Saturday, May 16, 2015

Okay, so really this was probably the most stressful/busiest week of my entire mission. No joke. But it was amazing!!
It started out with a double baptism on Monday night for Eliseo and Oseas! This was literal madness. So the baptism had to be done before 6 o'clock (chuch policy for Monday nights), and so we planned for the baptism to start at 5:30 and everything would be perfect. Nothing is ever perfect on a mission. It is 5:30 and we are waiting in the church, and the only people who showed up on time were President and Sister Choi (our mission president and wife) and our branch leaders. The opening prayer wasn't even there yet traffic was so bad! So we were all freaking out wondering where everyone was (well, really only where Eliseo and Oseas were) and pacing the church until 5:50 when they finally come in! Oh my goodness, I have never been so stressed in my entire LIFE! But, because Heavenly Father always has everything under control, it all turned out wonderfully after that and attendance was great (and very very late). But Oseas's mom and sister were able to come, and as they watched him come out in his white baptismal suit, they just both started to cry. Oh my goodness, it was so beautiful to see how much love and gratitude that they had in their hearts in that minute. Everything really did go perfectly :) 

Wow, so many things happened this week, it is quite overwhelming to think about what I should write! I will just take you through a quick run through for the rest of it :) 
so we went on 2 exchanges this week, which was AWESOME! I love love love all of the sisters in this mission, and the opportunities that we have to learn from one another are just incredible. I love being a sister-training leader :) 
Also! We were able to find a bunch of new investigators this week! One of them is named Shawn, and he is AMAZING! He had actually been investigating the church a few years ago with his family, when he and his wife got divorced. It pretty much stopped his progression, and it became really hard for him to go to church seeing so many families. But we talked with him a lot (over some crazy indian dessert) and he has committed to learning again and finding a new sense of family and belonging that the gospel can provide. We are so excited! 
And of course I was able to see my wonderful family for Mothers Day :) It was so weird and wonderful to see their faces again and talk to them! Not gonna lie, I definitely didn't know what to say most of the time. But I was overwhelmed with a deep gratitude and love for my family, especially my mother. They have always been there for me, and support me no matter what. Even though we are far away for now, I feel closer to them than ever as I help others strive to have an eternal family as well. 
That feeling of love and gratitude was only amplified as we were blessed to go to the Seattle Temple this morning and feel of the sweet spirit in the House of the Lord. 

I know that this church is true. There is no doubt in my mind. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that He atoned for our sins, pains, and weaknesses. I know that His Atonement is real because I feel its power strengthening and cleansing me every day. Nothing we do would be possible without it. It has changed my life, and I know that it has the power to change every single person ever. I love you all so much and I hope you never forget that Jesus Christ loves YOU and that He is always waiting to help you if you will but ask. 

You are all amazing. 
Les Quiero MUCHO!!
 -la hermana brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment