Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Hello dear loved ones!! Sorry that I do not have tons of time today, but I just want to give you a quick update for my week! Really, so many miracles I cant even describe to you! But trust me, the Lord is real, He lives, and He LOVES us. This week has only taught me that so much more, and for that I am eternally grateful :)

Key Points of my week:
-We were able to do TONS of service for an elderly woman in our ward who was baptized 2 years ago. Her name is Barbara Bolts, and basically she is the sweetest woman in the world. But she is also super duper old. And so she cant weed her garden anymore, which is where we come in! She called us last monday, asking us for help because she hurt her back trying to week a little bit that morning. And so we excitedly put on jeans (yay!!!!) and headed up to do some gardening :) and little did we know that we would see miracles from it! We didn't have enough time to finish, so we went back several times during the week to help her out. And then one day when we stopped by, her daughter was there who is not a member of the church. She had just had a knee replacement, so she couldn't help us in the yard, but she helped us find some more buckets to put the weeds in. And while she was helping us, she broke down in tears because of how thankful she was for the service we (and the church) were doing and had done for her mother. It was so touching, and really taught me that everything we do, even seemingly insignificant things like weeding a garder, can have very significant consequences. It was very humbling :) 
-We also went exchanges this week, and I learned a TON from our Sister Training Leader. We had SO MANY lessons, and met SO MANY prepared people just on the streets. It re-emphasized to me the great importance of really talking with EVERYONE we meet. You never know who the Lord has prepared to find the truth :) 
-Yesterday was an amazing Member-Missionary Fireside, where new converts share their testimonies of the gospel and how they came to find the church. I have been privileged to go to several of these now, and really they are just amazing!! We had the opportunity to sing with a youth choir a BEAUTIFUL version of "come thou fount" and the Spirit was so strong!! Really, testimonies of any kind, through words or music, are just so powerful . I challenge you all to share your testimony and belief of Jesus Christ with someone this week. It will strengthen you and the person you share it with, GUARANTEED! 

Sorry, I am out of time!! But I love you all so much and I hope that you have an amazing week. Dont forget to do the little things, like reading the scriptures, praying, and going to church. They are SO IMPORTANT and I can promise that as you give more priority to doing them throughout the week, you will see an improved difference. No matter what. You are all amazing. Keep it up :) 
I love you, I love my Saviior Jesus Christ. 

con amor,
La Hermana Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment