Monday, January 5, 2015

I hope that everyone had an incredible Christmas with friends, family, and the Spirit of Christ. I know that I did :) I am so grateful for this time of year that we have to really celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We saw so many miracles this past week, and we were also tested a lot. But if there one thing that I have learned about trials is that they bring us closer to Christ than pretty much anything else. And I am so grateful for all of my trials.

 It has been a hard week because we lost contact with one of our investigators, Toni, and another investigator, Raul, decided to stop meeting with us because he didn't want to change. It is always heart breaking to see someone so close to true happiness, but then see them reject that opportunity. So we did a lot of finding this week, and A LOT of knocking doors. On Saturday we decided as a Zone to do a car fast, which meant that we had to walk EVERYWHERE. So basically we tracted all day in Issaquah, and it was amazing!! We met so many incredible people, and we were truly able to feel the Spirit as we testified boldly of the Restoration of the Gospel to EVERYONE that we saw. We were also able to have an amazing lesson with Cecilia and her family on Christmas day! We talked about giving something back to Christ in the new year, and we all made goals together on what we could do to become more like Him. They all made the sweetest goals, and her brother, Mario, made the goal to read the Book of Mormon and possibly be baptized!!! It is so amazing to see people change their lives and truly have desires to come closer to Christ. 

Being a trainer is the hardest, and yet most rewarding thing I have ever done. Hermana Dilworth is amazing, and really inspires me to be a better missionary everyday. Whenever I am stressed, or worried... basically lacking faith, she always tells me to relax and just put my faith to the test. I had never really thought about that before. Because really, it is so easy to say that I have faith, and to pray for more faith, and to believe that I am acting in faith. But it is ACTING on our faith, and really truly MOVING FORWARD in faith, that actually makes our faith grow. I know that as we strive to truly act on our faith, and put it to the test, we will see miracles. Our loving Heavenly Father is just waiting to literally POUR BLESSINGS upon our heads. All we need to do is act. 

I love you all so much and I hope that you have a wonderful, and safe New Year. I am so excited and grateful for this chance that we have to start again and make new goals in order to become more like Christ. May we all remember the Spirit of Christmas as we move forward, and search for new ways that we can serve, love, and inspire. Never give up on yourself, and dont ever allow yourself to be discouraged. There is hope and happiness ahead!!

Shout out to all of my amazing friends and family who have sent me letters and packages this entire month!! I promise that I will write back to you soon! Just know how incredibly grateful I am for all of you and your constant love and support. Ustedes son los mejores!!! 

con mucho amor,
La Hermana Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment