Sunday, August 10, 2014

Called to Serve

Ground Zero

I have been called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Washington Seattle. I am supposed to teach the gospel and serve those in the area in the Spanish language (yikes), and I am so excited to do so!! 
I leave on Wednesday morning to the Mexico MTC (Missionary Training Center), and I still haven't packed everything. Typical.
However, I am so excited for this opportunity to serve! I remember when I opened my call in the dorms of BYU in March this year... it seriously seems like yesterday! But now, 5 months later I am preparing to go actually do what I have been preparing for since last Christmas. It seems a little surreal, quite honestly. I'm sure it won't hit me until I actually get on the plane to Mexico City.  


 But truly, I am beyond excited for this opportunity.
I am not necessarily excited for having doors slammed in my face, or for not being able to see my family for 18 months. But I am excited to share the gospel and hopefully make someone out there feel the love that their Savior has for them. 
Today I gave my farewell talk, which was a terrifying and wonderful experience. But in it, I talked about the power that we all have to be ministering angels to each other here on this earth. I know now more than ever that we were not sent here to this earth to only serve ourselves, and make ourselves happy. Our purpose here is to love and care for all of those around us. To do what Christ would do, and not just have it on our bumper sticker. But to honestly and willingly love and care for those around us. I believe that I have a responsibility to do this, and I have been called to do it in Seattle.
The Lord works in mysterious ways. He definitely has in mine. I have no idea whats in store for me as I embark on the Lord's errand for 18 months, but I know that if I strive to be the best missionary I can be, miracles will happen. I have been blessed beyond belief up to this point in my life, and I am excited and grateful for the opportunity I have to give back what little I can to Christ, who has given me everything. I can't do it alone, but I haven't been asked to do it alone either. May God be with you till we meet again. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment