Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Hello queridos hermanas y hermanos!
I hope you all had an amazing week full of the Spirit in Celebration of our Savior Jesus Christ. Easter is really just the Best :) 

So a little bit of catch up, since my last letter home was pretty terrible (its okay, I can admit it :) So last week our companionship had a couple of bumps in the road. Don't get me wrong, we all LOVE each other, but we were having some difficulty having success because one of us were really struggling with obedience and repentance. And let me just tell you, when you are in any companionship, whether two people or three, and one of you is struggling the work just does not get done. Really it is quite terrible. So on Sunday evening we were able to get some counsel from our Mission President, and what was supposed to kind of fix everything just made it worse. Not because the council we received wasn't correct or misguided, but because we were prideful. So it is pretty fair to say that Sunday and Monday last week were probably two of the hardest days of my entire mission so far. It was a struggle to love my companions, especially the struggling one, and I could not get myself to be happy or feel okay. But the wise counsel I have received throughout my life came to my heart to PRAY. Yes, the simplest thing in the world (and yes, sometimes the hardest). I prayed more than ever to help me to be humble and find charity in my heart once again for my beloved companions. I prayed for strength to be the example that I needed to be, and to be able to LOOK UP and see the bigger picture. That night we were blessed to go on exchanges with some of our sisters, and Heavenly Father answered my prayers. I was able to realize that I am no better than any one else. No matter what past experiences I have had, I am still a sinner and am still struggling to be what God wants me to be. We all are. My Heavenly Father blessed me with the humility I needed to see past my dear companion and look at MYSELF. And let me tell you, it made all of the difference. Although we still weren't (and aren't) perfect, we are improving. We are coming closer and using the Atonement of Jesus Christ TOGETHER. 

And we were blessed with MIRACLES because of it! We were able to find 3 new investigators this week who are progressing towards baptism in April and May! One of them, Miguel, was a referral that we had been trying to contact for WEEKS. Literally he was just never home. And then as we were driving, we felt that we should go and try his door, even though we had tried so many times during the day and never had any luck. Because Heavenly Father knows so much better than we do, HE WAS HOME. and the even better news? He has accepted a baptismal date for the 2nd of May and was able to come to our branch volleyball activity the next night. We were also able to find so many more people who the Lord is preparing that we could give as referrals to the English missionaries in our area :) 

AND ESTEFANY AND KARLA ARE GETTING BAPTIZED THIS WEEK!!! Cecilia's daughters are on date to be baptized on April 11th to join their mother in the true church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Please pray for them and their father, Carlos, so that in one year they can be sealed to their family for ETERNITY!! 

I also hope that all of you were able to watch General Conference this weekend! All of the messages were so incredibly inspired, and what I thought was most incredible was that they all focused on the FAMILY. Our families, as unique, crazy, and imperfect as they all are are ORDAINED OF GOD. They are not just a part of Gods plan for us on this earth, they ARE God's plan. As we follow the inspired council of the Prophets and Apostles of our Heavenly Father, we will be able to experience the maximum joy that we can experience in this life, and in the life to come. I am personally so very grateful for my own family and all of the love and support they give to me. I am grateful that I was able to be raised in a home where I was taught the gospel of Jesus Christ and able to live it. I know that we never need to demand perfection, only improvement, and as we do that, Jesus Christ will be able to lift us higher than we have ever imagined. 

I love you all so very much. I am so grateful to be able to be a servant of the Lord and to learn the things I am learning at this time in my life. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and WILL change your life if you let it. I am a better version of myself because of it, and I know that it is only through Christ that any of it is possible. I know that Jesus Christ lived for us, died for us, and lives again TODAY for us. He loves me. He loves You. Turn to Him and He will bless your life in ways you never though possible. He is your older Brother, He will not abandon you.

Have an amazing week :) 
Que Dios les Bendiga,

No comments:

Post a Comment